Hip Hip Hooray; It is International Women’s Day. Today I want to ask attention for Women in Customer Experience. To learn who they are and acknowledge them for their leadership, knowledge and experience. Lean in the Conversation!
What do we do on International Women’s Day? We celebrate women, from a “general celebration of respect, appreciation, and love towards women to a celebration for women’s economic, political, and social achievements”. (from Wikipedia)
In my field of expertise, Customer Experience, I see many women take the stand. They do a great job in changing the world; making it a more beautiful place for customers and employees. Listening to customers, creating fans, engaging employees, organizing customer experience ecosystems, working on customer journey mapping. Some of them in leadership positions within companies, some from a consultant role. They write brilliant blogs and books, often sharp as a knife, witty and full of knowledge.
Who are these brilliant women?
I want to give praise to these 6 women below. Of course I know many more, but life is all about choices :-).
- Kerry Bodine. She is co-writer of my Customer Experience ‘bible’ “Outside In”. A must read for every CX professional. Besides she is an example in speaking and a specialist in Customer Journey Mapping
- Marjolein Groenendijk . Director Customer Experience Design at KPN. My former colleague and a true inspiration. She leads with empathy with a strong business mind. Aligning stakeholders and creating the right vibe to make the change happen.
- Beate van Dongen Crombags and Deborah Wietzes. They are both leaders in Customer Experience at VODW. They wrote the inspiring and practical book CEX Sells. The Dutch Inspiration book for branded customer experiences.
- Jeanne Bliss. She is the Founder and President of CustomerBliss. And one of the foremost experts on customer-centric leadership and the role of the Chief Customer Officer. I love reading her blogs and am still waiting for the moment I will get the opportunity to hear her speak.
- Lisa Burger, Head of Customer at EasyJet. A true inspiration as CX leader. She managed to change the way the organization thinks of customers. The times we met, were great fun and she inspired me with her witty remarks and honest feedback.
Which #CX women do you want give your praise and put into the spotlight? Please tag yourself (YES, take the stand!) or tag a great female leader in Customer Experience. Let’s get to know these women and share our knowledge and experience. Happy International Women’s Day!