Ah, it's summer. As customers, then we are all in a great mood. We go on vacation and show the best of ourselves. Right? Or not...
I got these reviews from a guide who showed us around Jamaica over eight years ago and I have to laugh and cry at the same time. What a bunch of cryers we humans are sometimes. These are real reviews she received from the tour operator. Long live open feedback that you can get from reviews and surveys.
I've listed the 11 worst ones for you.
1. 'It should be forbidden to sunbathe topless on the beach. My husband was very distracted by that, he just wanted to relax a bit and that didn't work out now.'
2, 'We went on vacation to Spain and had a problem with the cab drivers. We couldn't understand them because they all spoke Spanish.'
3. 'The beach was just too sandy. We had to clean and de-sand everything when we got back to our room.'
4, 'We discovered that the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as white, but it was yellower in real life.'
5. 'No one told us there would be fish in the water. The fish scared our children.'
6. 'The roads were uneven and bumpy, preventing us from reading the local travel guide during the bus ride to the resort. As a result, we were unaware of many things that really would have made our vacation much more enjoyable.'
7. 'I compared the size of our one-bedroom suite to our friends' three-bedroom suite. And ours was considerably smaller.'
8. "We had to stand in line outside to get the boat and there was no air conditioning. That was very disappointing to us.'
9. "It is your duty as a tour operator to inform us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel.
10. "My fiancé and I had requested two twin beds when we booked, but instead we got a room with a king-size bed. We hold you and your organization responsible and want compensation for getting me pregnant. This would not have happened if you had given us the room we booked.'
11. "I was bitten by a mosquito. The brochure didn't mention mosquitoes.'
What should you do with this when you get this kind of feedback in your own surveys? I would just do nothing. These people deserve zero attention. You wouldn't even wish these customers on your competitor.
This blog was written for CustomerFirst and published on September 5, 2023
Don't miss another blog? Sign up for my monthly CX Greetz!